Steed Tours - Switzerland was started by David Steed in late 2015. Registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the canton of Fribourg, we work closely with local tourist offices in the District of Gruyère and throughout the canton, hotels across a wider region, and selected tour companies.
Featured on Trip Advisor
Your driver/guide speaks English, German, and French.
Russian, Chinese, and Hindi are available on request, from our team of native speakers.
Train station, hotel, or other, at 9:00, in any of these or nearby locations:
- Gstaad / Saanen
- Bulle, between Lausanne and Bern, in canton Freiburg, aka "Fribourg"
- Fribourg city
- Montreux, yes, the Jazz place
- Im Fang, in the Jaun Pass (Col de Jogne), in canton Fribourg - this is our business / home address
Groups of 6 to 9 passengers are available on request. Our second vehicle is also a Land Rover Defender and our guide speaks French and English. Talk to us about pricing for this alternative.
Good to know - FAQ
- What to wear? Spring or summer - solid shoes and a light jacket minimum, for the mountains.
- Hiking? We can walk little or hike more; your choice.
- Entrance fees and gratuities included? Yes. Chocolate and cheese making visits, museums, small gauge trains, e.g.
- Drinks on the way? Water with/without bubbles, Rivella Rouge and Coke are in the fridge.
- Lunch? A nice and simple meal with a drink is included, depending on where we land at lunch time.
- Overnight? Tell us what you suits you best, and we will help find it. Our tours are single day tours.
- Changes? We all need to adjust our schedules. Just let us know before.
- Music on the tour? Yes, and bring your own if you prefer.
- Mobile coverage? Normally, not always.
- Charge your phone? Up to 4 USB slots simultaneously.
- Our vehicle? A late model Land Rover Defender, leather/cloth seats, air conditioning, seats 6-7 with driver.
- Smoking is allowed, of course, outside the vehicle.
- Children under 6 on tour date ride free - just let us know.
- Currency conversions you can check easily at xe.com. (These change constantly of course)
- For those areas outside of normal phone coverage, we carry a special REGA radio
- If you don't know them, read about this exquisite emergency service
- We can call the full-time personnel directly, or talk to the helicopter on-site directly
Easy, friendly conditions
Also known as "Terms and Conditions":
- Tour day starts normally at 09:00.
- Liability is limited to double the tour price.
- Bulle, Switzerland is the home base for all legal issues.
All photos on this site, we took, with iPhones and a small Nikon.
Use them, share, enjoy!
A few snapshots
True colors of Switzerland (full day) tour was the highlight of our Switzerland vacation.
David was very thoroughly acquainted with the photogenic areas of Switzerland.
We started in the center of a vineyard with a view of the church and French Alps.
Then we traveled to the top of the Swiss Alps, what a fantastic view. My photos
look like post cards. We saw lake trout swimming in lakes high up in the Swiss Alps.
My wife and I agree this was a great excursion. I would recommend this tour to
everyone that vacations in Switzerland. Thanks Dave for a wonderful experience
- September 2016, T. and W. Warner